Thursday, August 26, 2010

Idola Ku

Idola ku? I remember during form 2 my BM teacher gave us a task of writing a karangan with that title. Guess what? I wrote about leehom in more than two full pages if i remember correctly. It wasn't easy at all because i had to translate some of the mandarin and english terms into BM.

Leehom finally produced his 14th album, The 18 Martial Arts after 18 months. This album once again has his "chinked-out" style of music which blends traditional music with modern western music together. I admire his effort for establishing a new genre of music of his own. Even though he received a lot of criticisms when he first started his chinked-out music back in 2004 with his Shangri-La album, he continued to distinguish his style of music from other artists. To be honest, i wasn't quite fond of his "chinked-out" music when he first started. It was a little strange to listen to a blend of tribal music with the hip hop, pop and rock beat. However, i believe his determination and effort have inspired a lot of us to believe in ourselves and not succumb to criticisms from the society.

OMG!!!! Leehom came to One Utama last sunday! Although i like him so much, i didnt go. I just don't like to go to over crowded place with tonnes of sweaty people shoving around. So my lovely gf went with the album which i bought, along with some her friends. She said it was EPIC! Well, she nearly didnt manage to get his signature because Leehom needed to get on a flight to somewhere else. However, leehom said he will try his best to sign for everyone. After being stopped by security guards, pushed by fanatic fans and almost didnt get his signature, my gf went through tonnes of emotional peaks and broke down after leehom smiled at her and signed on the album. She was indeed mesmerised by his charm. I'm very grateful that she went and got it signed for me. To clarify things, I did not force my gf to go through all that, she wanted the experience of meeting superstar. Well, it was definitely a wonderful experience for her.


I don't know what did he sign...


The 18 Martial Arts. I like the design.

This album has few great songs which i like a lot. Though some of the songs are quite plain though. Oh well, nobody is perfect. He has great talents. He knows how to play 10 musical instruments and speaks 5 languages. Besides that, he is very smart. He got offers from Princeton and Yale but he chose to do music in Williams College and later on Berklee college of music.
Ok. I shall stop praising him after people think i'm gay.

Thanks lovie for getting the album signed!


1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised you didn't go! Yen is such an awesome gf.

    And yes, I think you slightly overly obsessed about Lee Hom. Worse than me i think.

    ReplyDelete