Thursday, August 19, 2010

MO

So what does MO mean? For dental students, MO is mesial occlusal. Yes. I did my first amalgam MO on a 47 on a real patient. Nothing big to be proud of but i'm just happy. I set a goal for myself to finish it in less than 2 hours time. However, my handpiece was annoying. With the water and light on and off at times, i had to keep my foot up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down on the peddle to make sure there was water coming out when i was drilling. Even my partner was laughing at it.

I still managed to pack and carve the amalgam within 2 hours. I thought the bite was alright as there wasn't any opposing tooth. It suddenly became high bite when i checked with the articulating paper with the patient grinding as many possible ways as he could. It was the opposing adjacent tooth (16) that put marks on it.

It then dragged on for another 40 minutes as the amalgam was already quite hard and the waiting time for the lecturer was so long. Although I did not finish it in less than 2 hours which i originally planned to, I was happy with the restoration. You could say i did not achieve my goal, but that goal was to push myself to try my best with the FRUSTRATING handpiece, MATRIX BAND (the supervisor wanted a tofflemire instead so i had to change the siqveland band) and the long waiting time. I'm not putting the blame on those things as i did my best with what i had.

I will try harder next time and set a higher goal for myself.

"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that is too low and we reach it" - Michelangelo

1 comment:

  1. wa wei june. dint know ur so philosophical ah :) anway good job. hehe ur post actually make me nervous of going back to the clinic...

    *eeeeeekkkkkksssssssss* scared

    ReplyDelete